Designers Tell Their Favourites...Featured Designer: Katie Denham of Katie Denham Interiors...

Designer Katie Denham - from the fabulous blog- katiedid
has so graciously accepted my invitation to be a guest designer on Zuniga Interiors! This feature will run for about 6 weeks, featuring designers across the country and maybe even a few abroad! See what Katie finds to be her favourites- I love her style and her inspiration!

Katie Denham is an interior designer from Northern California and is the owner of KD Interiors.



visit her blog: http://www.katie-d-i-d.blogspot.com/

Designer Katie Denham and images of her work below via KD INTERIORS





Now, Katie will tell us her favourite things-



Favourite Cocktail: "I do not drink very often, but when I have a cocktail, I do like a Cosmo"




Favourite Flower: "How to pick just one! Not fair! So, if I have to pick just one, I love the classic beauty of the white Calla Lily."


Favourite Color: "White. It is my favorite backdrop to all other colors. I love white textures: linen, cotton sheets, matte lisse, cow hide, lacquer, sand, shells and coral, flowers, birch logs, the perfect button down shirt....the list goes on. I cannot pick just one color, so this is the color that I turn to again and again for that feeling of classic freshness."



photo via Katie's blog katiedid


Katie loves white cow hide- photo via light locations



Favourite Furniture Piece: "The Secretary. It is perfect in so many situations: a bedside table, a hallway piece, a living room end table. It can provide storage, table and desk space. My own is a provincial Biedermeier piece that has been in the family for a long time."

Favourite Fabric Pattern or Solid: Solids for large upholstery, patterns for small upholstery and pillows. I love linen, plain or printed. Quadrille is one of my favorite fabric companies, and they have a new Home Couture collection out that is wonderful.

Favourite Candle: "I am not a huge candle person. But I always have classic tall white and ivory straight tapers on hand for the dinner table. I also use white or ivory pillar candles during the holidays. And I use white votive candles quite often. All Unscented. There were some very cool tapers I found once that looked like faux bois branches. I loved those!"

Favourite Book: "Why is this so hard for me to narrow things down?!?! I am a huge reader and also in a book club....so there are many favorites. Some of my more recent favorites include novels,The Help by Kathryn Stockett, and People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks. Favorite recent design book: The Private World of Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge by Robert Murphy. Just finished: Loving Frank by Nancy Horan (loved it!). On my nightstand: Empire Falls by Richard Russo. If you check out my bookshop on my blog, I have a long list!"


Favourite Destination: "Santa Fe, New Mexico is one of my favorite places. The air is magic. Where I long to go: Marrakesh"

Favourite Room to Design: "I would have to say bedrooms. This is a place that should be the ultimate haven. It should be the most comfortable restful place in the home....someplace that makes you smile and sigh with delight at the end of a long day."



Favourite Bauble you love to wear: "My Silver cuff bracelet from Santa Fe. And my wedding ring of course!"

I loved reading what Katie Denham finds to be her favourites! Beautiful and Refreshing Style! Be sure to visit her blog for more on her design and style! And don't forget- another interesting and fabulous designer will be featured next week on Zuniga Interiors!

Thanks Katie- We loved hearing from you! - xx, Michelle

10 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Oh that was FUN! Loved seeing her faves!And a cosmo taboot...who knew?

Thanks Michelle

My Galveston Cottage said...

What a fun post! I've never seen a white cow hide. How cool. Looking forward to reading more of these....I will check out her blog as well. thanks! -susan

katiedid said...

Thanks so much Michelle for including me! I look forward to the other designers you have lined up!!

Unknown said...

Interviews are always fun. It's like meeting a new like-mind that you never knew and learn fun things about. Very refreshing.

Bette

Marie Cole said...

What a fun post on Katie and I like your blog site too. :)

Michelle said...

What a great interview! I love Katie's style!

Best,
Michelle

annechovie said...

Great interview. I think Katie is terrific, talented and sweet. Have a great weekend, Michelle.

Kellie Collis said...

Such a stunning kitchen space! x

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

wow what a beautiful style she has, so modern, yet comfortable - very difficult to achieve! I'm now following your blog too, which has some great pics

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

What a fun interview. Katie has a great sense of style.

xo,
cristin