It's All About Blue...

That is in the fabulous pages of this month's issue of House Beautiful! Stephen Drucker and his editorial staff have done it again! That is why I so look forward with great anticipation to see each new issue! And I was so excited to see an issue devoted to Blue! From azure to robin's egg to turquoise...blue has more lovely shades than any other color! (as far as I am concerned) Here are just some of my favorite blues... Robin's Egg by Benjamin Moore



Medium Blue Ralph Lauren



Blueground Farrow & Ball

And some of my favourite fabrics in blue, starting with Tilbury from Laura Ashley for Kravet (I just can't get enough of this fabric on chairs, pillows, drapes...)


My favourite blues from Quadrille...















Just love the Marrakesh Collection from Highland Court...







Highland Court has a fabulous faux leather blue...and a Newport Blue linen too...








One of my ultimate favorites from Duralee is the peacock velvet...it's the perfect shade of turquoise for a headboard...sofa...chair...





These Moroccan tiles are haute...for a kitchen or bathroom...


This French hand-painted collection is lovely for a kitchen or powder room...

As for chairs...these two are many a favourite...






Accessories in blue...blue glass collections...room by Suzanne Kassler...



Townhouse blue crockery...


French Blue Goblets...photo via Pam Levy's home in Malibu...





BoChic's gorgeous blue drop earrings...

There are 3 favourite little men in my life (don't tell my husband, my son or my Italian Greyhound!) Aren't these Ming Emperor's darling?

The blue in this garden stool is absolutely ethereal...



A pair of shimmering abalone shells bring that perfect ocean blue... (via designer Frank Roop)




As for the rooms in blue...a few of my favourites...this office designed by Mary Mc Donald...







Love the perfect shade of aqua painted as a backdrop in open shelving...via House Beautiful...




Deep, dramatic walls by Miles Redd...



Tiles in Blue...kitchen by Frank Roop...



Two blue rooms by designer Annie Selke...






This bedroom designed by Kendall Wilkinson makes me want to move right in...


An exotic bathroom oasis by Robin Bell...


Maybe I got my blue fix...not sure...there are too many to choose...

How do you colour your world blue?- xx, Michelle































































2 comments:

Mannigan Edwards said...

Always in style, blue brings a fresh feeling to a space. Combined with liberal dashes of color in the trim, furniture, and accessories, the blues appear crisp and bold. A deep royal blue or azure conveys richness and perhaps even a touch of superiority.

Cris
MEI

Princess Tatiana said...

I try to wear as much robin's egg blue, Tiffany blue, aquamarine, French blue, and cerulean as possible!
Lovely set of inspiring pictures.